Friday, September 17, 2010

What's the difference between the Intel Core 2 Due processor and the AMD Turion processor?

Which is better for a notebook that will be used by a college student?



Intel(R) CoreTM 2 Duo T5250 (1.5GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache) or AMD TurionTM 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 (1MB/1.8GHz)



Realistically, I will be using the computer for research and other such college-related things. I'm taking an English class i.e. entirely computer-based, so I'm going to be using it a lot surrounded by class.



Which one's more appropriate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :]

What's the difference between the Intel Core 2 Due processor and the AMD Turion processor?

Both of them are great computer for you unless you are contained by a architectural course that use strong software.



I would prefer the first one because the fsb is impressive beside 2 meg cache.



I think FSB is the bandwidth speed limitation between your processor and your memory.
Either would be fine. You would never see any difference.



I perfer Intel my self. Don't like the AMD chip sets.
I would be in motion for the intel core duo 2 because its designed for multitasking (which is good surrounded by your case) and not graphics or such.
Either one will work more than fine for your needs.

Out of those two the best (based on those specs) is the AMD
AMD is better for gamming.
I have both and I don't really notice a difference.. I used both for duplicate reasons as you. True, they told me that the duo core be for multi-tasking but still... don't see a difference.
The core 2 duo runs cooler and uses less mobile power. It is also slightly faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment